Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Designated Smoking Corners

When I went for lunch at a coffee shop today, I noticed a sign made out of corrugated plastic tied to a pole. It said "This Is A Designated Smoking Corner". Being about the first time I recall noticing such a smoking corner (yeah, I haven't had the chance to eat at coffee shops much lately), I nobly resisted the impulse to join in the smoking (colloquial slang for talking rot).

Looking at the sign, I was reminded of the episode of Becker that I watched last night on Star, which I will attempt to vaguely recall. Becker walked into the diner and lit a cigarette. When she saw it, Chris said, "WILL YOU PUT THAT OUT! Why don't you smoke on the way here?"
"I dont like to smoke while I walk, the smoke blows back into my face," Becker replies, "and, well, second-hand smoke is bad for you!"

Okay okay stop grinning for a while. I don't understand smokers all that much. I mean, they all say they're not addicted, what. They only smoke because they want to, not because they NEED to. Just that sometimes they really, REALLY want to. Back to the point. With the government-imposed taxes and all, smoking has become an extremely expensive habit. Cigarettes are like women. They give you a good time, but in exchange they take all your money, and in the end they kill you. (This is why people resort to illegal cigarettes. At least girls in Batam don't have access to your bank account. xD )

Whoosh time's up Criminal Minds is starting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cigarettes are like WOMEN?????????????!!!!!!!!!! argh you bloody chauvinist. :p

15/11/06 7:58 PM  
Blogger yours truly said...

it's funny what! you need to read my disclaimer, van (who has a cousin called lori!)

16/11/06 6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yes it is actually very funny, you bloody chauvinist..and no i don't have a cousin named loriiiiiiiiiiiii!! heehee you evil young man.

16/11/06 8:19 AM  
Blogger zapple90 said...

hahaha love the part where the woman walks in and he swallows the LIT ciggie into his mouth... hahahahah

19/11/06 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home